Croydon BME (Black & Minority Ethnic)
Croydon BME Forum is the umbrella organisation for Croydon’s Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary and community sector; engaging people, building capacity, and promoting equality and cohesion. We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
The Forum was established to maximise the engagement of BME communities in all aspects of living and working in Croydon.
We make representations on behalf of Croydon’s black and minority ethnic communities to public sector agencies and other statutory and non-statutory organisations.
We work with our communities to:
- Ensure that they are involved in local policy and decision making; regeneration and neighbourhood renewal.
- Facilitate joint-working among BME communities to develop best practice and provide a unified BME voice within local strategic partnerships.
- Promote networking, collaboration and partnership between the BME voluntary sector and mainstream agencies building their organisational capacities.
- Engage with BME communities in all aspects of Croydon life.
- Encourage good race relations, community cohesion and equality of opportunity for all throughout Croydon.