I came to this Country, Croydon, in 1973 at the age of 17 joining my father. I started my working life as a factory worker in Croydon. I worked with British Telecommunication Plc. from 1979 until 2007 (28 years). My career progressed from a technician to Managerial post
by 1988. I have then moved into a career within ‘BT sales’ from 1991 where I progressed to a Systems Engineering Manager by 2005.
Decided to leave BT in 2007 after buying a hotel in London and further hotels etc.
- I am currently a businessperson with Hotels in London and property developments in London and Croydon. Following are my personal achievements in the community. Current
- Chair of ‘Badminton Croydon’ (Founder member)
- Treasurer of Croydon BME Forum (Founder member)
- Board member for Croydon Enterprise Loan Fund (Croydon Council)
- Trustee KCWA TRUST Ltd (Founder Member)
- IAG member. (Independent Advisor Group) for Met Police Croydon (Founder Member)
- Board Member for Single Regeneration Budget 6 (SRB6-2000-2006)
- Board Member for City Growth (South London Business 2002-2004)
- Chair Of Asian Resource Centre (2001-2011)
- Chair of Croydon BME Forum (2005 -2010)
- Group Leader for ‘’BT Volunteer’ For London Southern Region
- BT Chairman’s award winner for ‘Community Champion of the Year’ (2004)