- This event has passed.
Community Commission Grant Programme
August 7 @ 8:00 am - August 23 @ 5:00 pm
BLACK HISTORY 365 Community Commission Programme is open!
This year at Croydon BME Forum, we are extending Black History Month across the year with our BLACK HISTORY 365 programme, continuing our mission of: “Giving Black and minority ethnic people a voice in Croydon”. Croydon is the LONDON BOROUGH OF CULTURE for 2023 and we have been awarded funding from This is Croydon. We want to share and give back and are looking for local companies or groups that would like to apply to host a project or event as part of our BLACK HISTORY 365 programme, 4 grants will be awarded.
To be eligible, your company/group must:
- Be based in Croydon
- Be BME-led and share our mission of, “Giving Black and minority ethnic people a voice in Croydon”
- Have an annual turnover of less than £100k
- Be a charity, social enterprise or constituted community group (we will not pay funds into private bank accounts)
- Not have been awarded funds from This is Croydon/Ignite
- Complete our short application form (paper or digital), following the notes and guidance
As the Borough of Culture for 2023, we will look favourably on projects that:
- Have a arts and culture focus
- Provide entertainment and/or encourage participation
Please return completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07751 539448 / drop into our Wellness Centre in Croydon (opposite Waterstones) or the CBME offices at 56a Mitcham Road.
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, August 23rd at 5 pm.
We will seek to notify applicants of our decision no later than Wednesday, September 6th.